The long daylight hours and a moderate offshore breeze enabled long courses to the mainland shore to be set for all but the Slow Handicap Class on Wednesday evening.
Mike Martin continued his recent run of good form by leading home the Catamaran Class, likewise Mark Harrison in the Medium Handicap Class.
Graham Deegan and Judith French saw their huge lead at the end of the first round rapidly whittled down by James Downer and Jon Price, but they were just able to hold on for victory by the narrow margin of eight seconds.
Steve Cole’s RS800 was unable to take advantage of the long reaching legs in the Fast Handicap Class, victory going to Keith Hayden’s RS700.
The Slow Handicap Class struggled to understand their 21 buoy course, with several competitors going astray. No such problems for Kate & Thomas Gibbs who took victory on corrected time in their Pico, followed by young Sam Scragg, and the slightly older Mike Peddar.
Wednesday Second Series 1
- Cats: 1 Mike Martin, 2 Carl Blenkinsop, 3 Paul Tanner
- RS400s : 1 Graham Deegan/Judith French, 2 James Downer/Jon Price, 3 Chris Symons/Chris Hughes
- Fast Handicap Class : 1 Keith Hayden, 2 Steve Cole
- Medium Handicap Class : 1 Mark Harrison, 2 Robbie Southwell/Derek Ness, 3 James French
- Lasers : 1 Pete Bowen (only 1 finished)
- Slow Handicap Class (provisional) : 1 Kate & Thomas Gibbs, 2 Sam Scragg, 3 Mike Peddar.