Summer Series 2020
Published 15:07 on 15 Jul 2020
Following the test racing on the 2nd August, the flag officers and general committee have been discussing the next steps.
It is clear that in order to maintain social distancing, to remain conservative and considerate, remain in line with RYA guidance and to protect as far as possible our volunteers and members, a return to 'normal' racing is a fair way off.
It has been decided to split the fleets into alternate weekends, Shadow, Fast and Medium handicap one weekend and Slow handicap and Teras the other. We feel this allows us to give more challenging courses to the faster fleets and allows more safety cover for all fleets. Most importantly it reduces the amount of space taken for rigging and launching.
It has also been decided that a maximum wind strength of 16Kn (when wind is against the tide) and 20kn (when wind is with the tide) will be given to race teams as guidance for a cut-off point. Currently safety boats are operating single manned and we feel that these wind strengths are suitable given the current limitations that our safety boats operating under.
It is hoped that fleets not racing will not choose Sundays for social sailing but volunteer to man safety boats, particularly if there are two from the same household, or be on standby to help in a safety boat if required, or in the race box.
These steps will remain in place until the 27th September.
Please see the website for further guidance, SIs, dates and start times.
Enjoy your time on the water and stay safe.
Last updated 18:57 on 19 October 2020